Chronic headaches are unfortunately a condition that affects thousands of people around the world, and most people will visit their doctor or chiropractor to discuss the issues. It isn’t something you usually consider asking your dentist about, but sometimes, your dentist is exactly the person you need to see.
Dr. David Shirazi is a TMJ and sleep expert who teaches about topics of health, TMJ, and the numerous sleep and breathing issues that affect both adults and children. He joins me this week to discuss causes and potential treatments for headaches, and how to establish when you should see a dentist regarding them.
Listen in this week as we discuss headaches, sleep apnea, and the relationship between TMJ and headaches and migraines. Hear how treating jaw problems can reduce or get rid of headaches and migraines, how he treats both children and adults who experience these issues, and the various health issues that could be related to TMJ disorder.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, I would really appreciate if you could leave a rating and review to let me know what you think and to help others find the Mind Body Mouth podcast!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What tension headaches are and what causes them.
- Some of the reasons we might clench our jaws and how this could be affecting you.
- The effects of diet upon headaches and other health concerns.
- What we can do to help TMJ disorder.
- The most important stages of sleep for adults and children.
- How to know where the source of your headache is and use it to establish who you should see for help.
- Some recommendations for ways to manage TMJ conditions.
- How Dr. Shirazi treats sleep apnea in both adults and children.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you’re in the New South Wales area, visit Dr. Molloy at her dental practice, Vitality Dental Tuggerah
- Ep #32: Mouth-Breathing, Sleep Apnea, and the Solutions with James Nestor
- Ep #39: The Importance of Sleep with Dr. Meghna Dassani
- Ep #16: Better Sleep, Better Health with Dr. Meghna Dassani
- Ep #5: Is Your Sleep Killing You? With Dr. David McIntosh
- Ep #19: The Carnivore Diet with Dr. Al Danenberg
- Nutrition and Physical Degeneration: A Comparison of Primitive and Modern Diets and Their Effects by Weston Price
- Jordan Peterson
- Dr. David Shirazi: Website | The Science of Sleep Google Talk
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!