This week, I have the perfect guest who is relying on the Carnivore Diet a try to help treat a terminal illness to share his experience of shifting into such an extreme way of eating. I’m very curious to see how he has reacted and what impact it has had on his overall health.
My guest this week is Dr. Al Danenberg. This is not his first appearance on the show, and he’s back this week to talk us through his journey following the Carnivore Diet. Al has been paleo for the last seven years, but the Carnivore Diet is a big leap from there. However, in Al’s case, a big leap was necessary.
Listen in on my conversation with Dr. Al as he shares his experience of being given a terminal diagnosis and how he’s treating his condition himself in a way that some scientific research shows could extend his life beyond his original prognosis, along with a host of other proposed benefits.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, I would really appreciate if you could leave a rating and review to let me know what you think and to help others find the Mind Body Mouth podcast!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why Dr. Al decided to put himself on the Carnivore Diet.
- Some of the research that exists around how our species has consumed meat historically.
- How the human body digests meat in comparison to plant matter.
- What Dr. Al’s meals consist of on a day-to-day basis.
- The benefits of incorporating offal into the Carnivore Diet.
- How you can find out more about the Carnivore Diet and whether it’s right for you.
- Why Dr. Al believes the Carnivore Diet is the perfect elimination diet for gut health.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you’re in the New South Wales area, visit Dr. Molloy at her dental practice, Vitality Dental Tuggerah
- Dr. Al Danenberg
- The Carnivore Cookbook by Maria Emmerich and Craig Emmerich
- The Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health
- Carnivore MD
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, listen on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!