If you wake up exhausted, relying on coffee and stimulants to get you through the day, my guest this week suggests that the way you’re breathing at night might just be the reason. Sleep apnea is an uncomfortable condition, but when an adult presents symptoms out of the blue, the results can be quite sinister.
To share his wisdom on this subject, I have the author of Snored to Death, a book taking a look at the lesser recognized and more dangerous causes of obstructive sleep apnea in adults. Dr. David McIntosh is an ENT specialist based in the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia and he has a real passion for helping adults presenting with mouth-breathing issues and disordered sleeping.
Tune in this week and listen in on our conversation about a lesser-discussed aspect of airway problems and how to spot whether there could be something seriously wrong. It can be alarming to suddenly be afflicted with an airway disorder as an adult, but hopefully, my discussion with David will shed some light on what’s going on for you.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, I would really appreciate if you could leave a rating and review to let me know what you think and to help others find the Mind Body Mouth podcast!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What attracted Dr. McIntosh to specialize in obstructive sleep apnea in adults.
- How sleep apnea, if you’re struggling with it, is slowly killing you at the cellular level.
- The difference between treating sleep apnea in adults and children.
- Why sleep apnea in adults can have devastating consequences.
- What to look out for in order to spot obstructive sleep apnea.
- How David successfully treats adults when they present with sleep apnea symptoms and mouth-breathing.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you’re in the New South Wales area, visit Dr. Molloy at her dental practice, Vitality Dental Tuggerah!
- Get in touch with Dr. David McIntosh
- Snored to Death by Dr. David McIntosh
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, listen on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!