Modern diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and autoimmune disease are a result of the body’s reaction to something that shouldn’t be present. Something that plays a major part in these illnesses is stress. According to today’s guest, Dr. Ross Walker, anyone who is battling any of these diseases must look at what’s happening in their life in terms of stress, and do everything possible to minimize it.
Dr. Ross Walker is an expert in the field of preventative cardiology and joins me today to talk about his approach to maintaining health and preventing heart disease. He’s here to tell us all about why autoimmune diseases are so common these days, and share some measures and tips we should all be taking to maintain and improve our general health.
Join us this week for a discussion about the relationship between gut bacteria, stress, and general health, and learn how a healthy diet and exercise lead to a strong immune system. We learn about different types of stress and ways to combat it, and why Dr. Walker believes that the way you treat your body is four times more powerful than anything a doctor can do for you.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, I would really appreciate if you could leave a rating and review to let me know what you think and to help others find the Mind Body Mouth podcast!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How to manage your health and prevent disease.
- Three ways to manage stress.
- The link between stress and gut bacteria.
- Why you should keep a gratitude journal.
- The five keys to a healthy life.
- Why less than 10% of people follow a healthy diet.
- How stress and happiness chemicals are influenced by your gut bacteria.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you’re in the New South Wales area, visit Dr. Molloy at her dental practice, Vitality Dental Tuggerah
- Ross Walker: Website | Facebook | Sydney Heart Health Clinic
- Listen to him live: 2GB Radio Sydney | 3AW Radio Melbourne | 4BC Radio Brisbane | FiveAA Radio Adelaide | 6PR Radio Perth | 2CC Radio Canberra
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, listen on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!