When it comes to sleep apnea and disordered breathing, the consequences can range from inconvenient to catastrophic, and even tragic. However, I have someone on the show this week who is dedicating her professional life to helping lower the risk factors associated with these conditions.
Today’s guest is a dentist I found through social media. Dr. Meghna Dassani is a general dentist practicing in the United States, and we share a similar philosophy when it comes to our work. She has a very personal connection to disordered sleeping, and she has some incredible insights to share with us today.
Dr. Meghna Dassani received her initial dental training from the University of Mumbai, India, where she graduated in 1996 with a Bachelor of Dental Surgery. After working as an associate dentist for one year, she established her own practice in Mumbai, India. Dr. Dassani successfully operated her Mumbai practice for six years prior to moving to the United States.
Listen in on our conversation as we discuss the health concerns that come hand in hand with sleep-disordered breathing, and how we, as dentists, can help through education on the subject. I loved this conversation, and Meghna’s personal connection to sleep apnea makes her contribution uniquely valuable.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, I would really appreciate if you could leave a rating and review to let me know what you think and to help others find the Mind Body Mouth podcast!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How sleep apnea deeply affected Meghna and her family.
- Why Meghna became interested in sleep apnea as it relates to dentistry.
- How Dr. Dassani helps her patients with issues relating to the airway.
- Who is most at risk of suffering from sleep apnea, even if they lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Why a sleep study isn’t always an effective way of diagnosing sleep-disordered breathing.
- The considerations that need to be made when medicating children with a poor attention span and how else we can help them.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you’re in the New South Wales area, visit Dr. Molloy at her dental practice, Vitality Dental Tuggerah
- Dr. Meghna Dassani: Website | Facebook
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, listen on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!