How we walk can have a massive impact on the way we operate and the chronic pain we live with. We don’t often think about the environment we are creating for our feet and how that can affect the rest of our bodies. It’s hard to notice the connections between chronic foot and joint pain, but it changes your daily life.
Luckily, I have my colleague Seleisa Duddy to talk about her podiatry practice and the changes you can make in your life that will optimize your walking mechanics to keep you in shape longer. She walks us through choosing the right type of shoe for your foot and some little things you can do to correct painful habits.
Listen in and learn about how you can get rid of your chronic pain and make your body last longer by focusing on the feet.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, I would really appreciate if you could leave a rating and review to let me know what you think and to help others find the Mind Body Mouth podcast!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What the right type of footwear can do for the way you walk and your foot pain.
- How you can determine if a shoe compliments your feet well.
- How the wrong type of shoe can change the mechanics of your entire body.
- What pronation and supination are and how they create chronic pain for so many people.
- How to strengthen your feet and foster better overall joint health.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you’re in the New South Wales area, visit Dr. Molloy at her dental practice, Vitality Dental Tuggerah!
- Visit the Walking Podiatrist website
- The Walking Podiatrist on Facebook
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, listen on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!