I see a lot of people who are traumatized by childhood dental experiences, or even by the thought of being at the dentist. It’s intrusive having someone looking in your mouth, and it can be difficult not to pass on these fears to our children. But today’s guest joins me to talk about reducing anxiety in children and setting them up for success during their dental visits.
Dr. Becky Chen is a Dentist, Mother, and Emotional Intelligence Coach. She combines her coaching and emotional intelligence aptitude with her dentistry experience to help children suffering from dental anxiety manage their emotions and cope more effectively with their dental visits.
Tune in this week as we share some tips to help you prepare your children for their dentist visits, and the benefits of helping them understand the full experience, without lying to them. Learn why being able to walk an anxious child through the dentist visit helps grow them as a person, and why taking baby steps to build trust with patients is crucial to the overall experience.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, I would really appreciate if you could leave a rating and review to let me know what you think and to help others find the Mind Body Mouth podcast!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What social and emotional intelligence is.
- Why a good fit for one person may not be a good fit for another.
- How to help your kids feel calm about trips to the dentist.
- Why people benefit from a social and emotional coach.
- The role that social and emotional intelligence coaching plays in a dentist’s surgery.
- Why it’s important to be factual but in an appropriate way.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you’re in the New South Wales area, visit Dr. Molloy at her dental practice, Vitality Dental Tuggerah
- Becky Chen: Website | Email
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, listen on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!