When it comes to protecting your teeth, a lot of it has to do with the quality of your saliva. To unpack this topic with me, I have Dr. Chris Phelps from the US on the podcast this week, and we’re talking about preventing dental decay and the links between what goes on in your mouth and the rest of your body.
The mouth is the gateway to the body, and believe it or not, a large number of deaths occur from complications related to dental infections and gum disease each year. Such causes can have terrible effects on the rest of the body, and we must take care of our mouths in order to protect ourselves.
Join us this week as we discuss the links between gum disease and illnesses such as heart disease, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s, and the importance of managing the bacteria in your mouth. We discuss the causes and management of tooth decay and gum disease and why it’s essential to visit your dentist regularly.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, I would really appreciate if you could leave a rating and review to let me know what you think and to help others find the Mind Body Mouth podcast!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What gum disease is and how you can manage it.
- The startling amount of deaths in the US caused by tooth decay.
- What factors can affect the quality of your saliva.
- How to keep your mouth healthy.
- Some take-home tips to better look after your teeth.
- How what you’re eating and drinking is affecting your teeth.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you’re in the New South Wales area, visit Dr. Molloy at her dental practice, Vitality Dental Tuggerah
- Chris Phelps: Contact Chris | Website
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, listen on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!