Many people don’t realize that they have a mental health problem and often deal with it for a long time before seeking help. Today’s guest is passionate about the comprehensive ways of treating mental health issues and joins me to share some tips and advice for managing them.
Dr. Austin Perlmutter is a board-certified Internal Medicine Physician, New York Times bestselling author, educator, and consultant. He is the host of the Get The STUCK Out! Podcast, and co-producer of Alzheimer’s – The Science of Prevention Docuseries. His work connecting COVID-19 with immune-related depression appears in peer-reviewed scientific research and he is providing so much insight into mental health on the podcast this week.
Join us this week and hear about Austin’s fantastic approach to improving mental and overall health, his work with depression, and how he got to where he is today with his career. Austin shares his experiences with depression and mental illness and we discuss the importance of normalizing seeking help for mental health issues.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, I would really appreciate if you could leave a rating and review to let me know what you think and to help others find the Mind Body Mouth podcast!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What Austin’s mission is in the healthcare space and how it’s evolved over the years.
- How to recognize negative mental health patterns.
- Why you might be falling victim to unnecessary and unhelpful stress.
- The importance of always keeping an open mind when it comes to your health.
- How exposure to nature can positively impact your life.
- What to do if you feel like you need mental health support.
- How to rewire your brain to live a happier, healthier life.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you’re in the New South Wales area, visit Dr. Molloy at her dental practice, Vitality Dental Tuggerah
- Metabolical: The Lure and the Lies of Processed Food, Nutrition, and Modern Medicine by Robert H Lustig
- Brain Wash: Detox Your Mind for Clearer Thinking, Deeper Relationships and Lasting Happiness by Dr. David Perlmutter and Dr. Austin Perlmutter
- Austin Perlmutter: Website | Get The STUCK Out! Podcast | Facebook | Alzheimer’s – The Science of Prevention docuseries
- Andrew Huberman Podcast
- The Social Dilemma – documentary
- Unwinding Anxiety: Train Your Brain to Heal Your Mind by Judson Brewer
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!