This week, I’m welcoming Sydney-based Nutritionist Maria Shaflender to the podcast to talk all about minerals – specifically Copper and Zinc. It was only in the last few years that I became aware of the effects that these two minerals can have on both your physical and mental health.
Maria Shaflender is a Clinical Nutritionist and focuses on addressing peoples’ mental and gut health and nutrient imbalances by looking at genetics and nutritional factors and understanding how they contribute to that person’s symptoms. She joins me today to share her holistic, personalized approach to treating her clients and how these minerals affect our overall health.
Tune in this week and hear how the differences in Zinc and Copper levels in our blood can cause a profound effect on how we operate in day-to-day life. Discover what happens in our bodies if we have too much or too little of these minerals, and why these minerals are crucial to our overall health. Given the magnitude of mental health problems in today’s world, this is a topic I thought was really important and will hopefully be useful to many.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, I would really appreciate if you could leave a rating and review to let me know what you think and to help others find the Mind Body Mouth podcast!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How mineral imbalances can affect mental health disorders.
- Some things to consider when undertaking specific diets.
- Why Zinc and Copper are so important in supporting a healthy life.
- How Zinc and Copper deficiencies affect different people.
- What to do if you suspect your child has a Zinc or Copper imbalance.
- How to recognize symptoms of mineral imbalance and take action sooner rather than later.
- How to take Zinc supplements and when is the best time of day to take them.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you’re in the New South Wales area, visit Dr. Molloy at her dental practice, Vitality Dental Tuggerah
- Nutrient Power: Heal Your Biochemistry and Heal Your Brain by William J. Walsh
- Maria Shaflender: Website
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, listen on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!