Today’s guest, Dr. Elina Castro, and I share a similar philosophy when it comes to orthopedic treatment in children. Early orthodontic treatment in children can not only benefit their teeth, but also the physical health of the child.
Dr. Elina Castro, of the Dentofacial Institute in Sydney, specializes in airway centered dentistry and the early correction of malocclusions with the use of functional appliances. She joins me this week to discuss the importance of early interceptive orthodontic treatment in children.
Tune in this week to hear Elina’s experiences with a range of airway-related issues faced by her daughter and how she learned to treat them. You’ll learn why it’s so important to intervene with children’s dental health early on and how parents can recognize warning signs of an issue and prevent problems with their children’s health.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, I would really appreciate if you could leave a rating and review to let me know what you think and to help others find the Mind Body Mouth podcast!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- The advantages of early orthodontic intervention in children.
- Some examples of dysfunction that should be treated early in children.
- How to encourage your child to chew properly.
- Some tips for parents to bring appliances and treatment into the house.
- How to encourage children to stop resisting appliances that will serve them.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you’re in the New South Wales area, visit Dr. Molloy at her dental practice, Vitality Dental Tuggerah
- Ep #3: Orthodontics For The Face With Dr. Derek Mahony
- Ep #2: The Airway And Childhood Development Connection With Dr. Bill Johnston
- Dr. Elina Castro: Website
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, listen on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!