Even if you’re having symptoms of gum disease or other mouth-presenting issues, it might not be a problem originating in your mouth. My guest today is an expert on the connection between your periodontal health and the health of the bacteria in your gut.
Sharing his wealth of information on the latest research into bacterial studies and the impact bacteria has on periodontal health, Dr. Al Danenberg is a leading periodontist and author of the book Crazy-Good Living! He has some great solutions for the gut problems present in the modern-day, including biological and evolutionary reasoning for why we should certain types of foods.
Listen in to our conversation about the relationship between gum disease and the bacterial makeup of your body and how you can change your life for better whole-body health.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, I would really appreciate if you could leave a rating and review to let me know what you think and to help others find the Mind Body Mouth podcast!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Factors of gut health that impact the overall health of your mouth.
- How infection spreads throughout the body and how the mouth can be an alert system to greater health problems.
- Ways to rebuild your gut bacteria to keep your whole body healthier over the long-term.
- The differences between certain types of probiotics and their effectiveness.
- Types of foods that foster better gut health and less mouth-related diseases.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you’re in the New South Wales area, visit Dr. Molloy at her dental practice, Vitality Dental Tuggerah!
- Dr. Al Danenberg
- Crazy-Good Living!: Healthy Gums, Healthy Gut, Healthy Life
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, listen on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!